Are you worried your home has mold?
In general, mold is not a problem unless there is moisture in your home.
Here are a few things you can do inside your home to keep moisture levels under control:
- Open exterior doors and windows whenever possible to keep air circulating.
- For closets that are rarely used, keep the door cracked so air can circulate.
- Use AC units, dehumidifiers, and exhaust fans regularly.
- Purchase high quality air filters for your HVAC Unit.
- Watch for mold growth in the soil in your house plants.
- Fix water leaks.
- Check for condensation on your windows.
- Dry Wet surfaces as soon as possible.
- Don’t leave wet materials lying around.
If you are taking the steps necessary to reduce moisture and there is still a musty odor or if you see signs of mold, there may be a problem that only a remediation company can recognize. Contact SERVPRO of LaGrange/Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, at (708) 482-9334.
We are professionally trained and are qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professionals.